Friday 3 June 2011

I'd Just Like To Thank...


I woke up smiling this morning, for today my dear readers, this blog is blinking award winning! After a horrendously roller coaster day yesterday - which I won't go into now - I ended up at the 7th P&G Beauty & Grooming Awards. This is a leading industry ceremony where the leading beauty and grooming journalists are honoured every year, judged by a panel of leading industry experts.

I entered SophieFeelsBetter for best independent beauty blog, and, well, won! I'm not really one to blow my own trumpet, unless it is absolutely necessary, but this morning I feel like I need to round up the London Philharmonic and get a conductor in because my trumpet is getting an audience.

I only want to say it means a lot to me to be honoured for this here thing that has been a cathartic experience for me and, I understand from you who email me, helpful to some of you too. So it really is very, very pleasing. And it means I get to put a little icon somewhere on the right hand side for ever more. And it was held at Bafta in Piccadilly, so you could really say I won an award at (the) Bafta(s)! Which I think I will do from now on...

The only down point was the necessity to get on stage and making a bloody speech. Another thing I'm not so fond of. I can't remember the exact details but it started with 'blimey' and ended in 'miraculous', and that was about it! Oh, and I broke my own rule and had a half a glass of wine, ahead of schedule, but blimey was that miraculous tasting too.

Thank you for reading me!




9 comments:

  1. Well done Soph! Thoroughly deserved! I'm sitting by Toby right this second and he is very happy for you too. Woo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - Congratulations! That was one well deserved half glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, totally deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie,

    Congrats. Well deserved. You even had a bloke like me inspired and impressed.

    I look forward to seeing the award when I come to London in September.

    Cheers,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Congratulations from your Argentinian reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So well deserved my lovely - I'm so proud!

    Olivia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Sophie! So well deserved xxx

    ReplyDelete